Tuesday, May 26, 2009

So I've heard of spontaneous combustion, but what about....

..... spontaneous brain explosion? It seems like their is so much to do, but all that really matters is getting business at this point. So, any suggestions? The research that I've done, clearly states that direct mailing/cold calling is out; antiquated and doesn't work anyways (which is good, cause postage ain't cheap). So, now I'm to become a pillar of the community.... no, no laughing.. ok, you can giggle a little, but don't let anyone hear you! Looks like I'll be joining a few women in business orgs.. hmm.. now which fork do I use to stab someone in the eye? Salad, Entree, or that little one? Ahh, etiquette.

I'll also need to join a general business/leads group. It would probably be better to schedule those before cleaning a bunch a raccoon poo or removing a dead skunk, huh. And I guess bathing will be required as well..... hey, as long nylons are not required I'm good. I do clean up reasonably well. At least my pimp says so.

Like I said, I'm trying to make a strong effort in updating my blog, as evidenced by my one follower, I'm very popular and by not posting, would be upsetting the masses. Anarchy and chaos, now we can't have that.

For all of you out there, I'm going to recommend a book. This is helping me, with this whole business owner thing. It's called "Book yourself solid" by Michael Port. Ok, I hate self help books, I think they belong with diet books, and biology books that don't teach evolution. However, this is not a self help, it's a guide. Like when you travel overseas and you buy a guide book to help you traverse the city streets and locate all the cool stuff; museums, restaurants, etc. This book is worth it.

Wish me luck, and as always, I'm up for suggestions. Whether I listen or not is up for debate, but surprisingly you people actually know stuff, and more often than not.. more stuff than me.

2 comments:

  1. Have you applied for any small business grants? I think there are startup grants available, especially for women starting a business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so much, I need to look into it. It's just a good thing that start up costs are low.

    ReplyDelete