Friday, June 12, 2009

Sometimes I don't like men much!

What is with men not understanding the difference between financial support and emotional support? Why can't they just say good job! And when we ask for a pat on the back, why does it always come back as "I've got your back" but they only translate it to... well, I paid for that, therefore I'm supporting you? I just want to understand!!!!!!

When I have something good happen, just say; "wow, that great" and then shut-the-hell-up! I don't need to know what the next steps should be, or have the moment analyzed, I just need to feel that I'm doing a good job, so that I can continue to be motivated in order to keep doing a good job!!! Yes, I need the cookie!

My girlfriends get this, at least they give the correct responses, so it appears so.

Just let me enjoy a moment or support me and talk to me about stuff, don't tell me what to do "cause, you know better" I need to learn and grow and can't do that if I'm being led everywhere, I'll just get lost in the woods when you get eaten by a bear!

Alright, I'm done!

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to take a chance responding to this post and hope I don't get smacked in the head:).

    I read your post below about building business and thought I might be able to help. I was going to respond there, but figured you may not read it if I responded to an old post. I joined a group called BNI, which was helpful to me. You can go to bni.com and search for a local chapter. It is a worldwide networking franchise.

    I joined the group just to work on my speaking skills, but was able to get a fair amount of business out of it too. Hopefully, you may find some value in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People are going to want to tell you lots and lots of things. What Tony suggested is the best thing... go to the people who are in the same situation and find the "wisdom in the room".

    ReplyDelete